Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I miss him

It's been over 20 years. This Sunday he will be gone 22 years. I still miss him soooo much.

With everything going on right now, I could really use a hug from him and his common sense. He was my hero. I wonder what he would think of me having 3 girls, just like him and mom. I know he'd love them and my husband.

Man, I'd love to sit down with him right now and just talk. Tell him about the kids. How we struggling with this house thing and ask what he would recommend. Because we are fighting till the end. You could say this is our last stand. Wonder what he would think. Tell him about my Granddad. About his mental state and now the other health scare. Sometimes, a girl just wants her Daddy.

My baby sister is getting married soon. I'm sad he won't be there to give her away. She reminds me of him sometimes. And he would love her fiance' to death too.

My father was good man. He loved his family more than anything. He helped instill family values in us. He loved to play with us, but he was good disciplinarian as well. He taught us responsibility. He was the one who started teaching me how to cook. Can you believe that? When Mom went back to work, he was supper supportive. He treated her like a queen. I only ever saw them argue I think twice. lol At least that I can remember. I'm sure they disagreed more often, but they were good about not letting us see for the most part.

He loved us all so much. You could tell it in his every word and action.

I could sit here and write about the tent he put outside, or the little Christmas tree he got for down stairs, or our walk in the rain, or going to work with him, or trips to the pool, or his April fools joke with the lawn mower, or any number of things. But I miss the sound of his voice. I miss cuddling up to him. I miss the way he said my name.

With life so stressful right now, I could really use my dad. And wouldn't it figure that all this stress would come along right around the anniversary of his death. My luck. lol

I love you Daddy. I always will. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment