Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today's Tidbit ( A good one!!)

I usually add my tidbits to my tidbit post, but this one is kinda long.

I got an email a few days ago, but I didn't get around to reading it until just now. WOW!! If you keep up with my other blog (Our Road to a New Home) and this one, you'll understand the timing of this. Especially after last's night post about fear, and then my post on my other blog this morning. I guess timing IS everything.

I thought I'd share the email. Please understand I don't always agree with EVERYTHING in stuff like this. But it's about what you gleen...what's appropriate to you and your situation. Anyway, here's the email:
-------------------------------

David Wilkerson Today

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011

ARE WE PUTTING LIMITS ON GOD’S POWER AND HIS PROMISES?

I believe we limit God today with our doubts and unbelief. Scripture says of
Israel, “Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the holy One of
Israel” (Psalm 78:41). Israel turned away from God in unbelief.

We trust God in most areas of our lives, but our faith always has boundaries
and limits. We have at least one small area that we block off where we don’t
really believe God is going to undertake for us. For example, many readers have
prayed for the healing of my wife Gwen. But often, when it comes to healing for
their own husband, wife, son or daughter, they limit God.

I limit God most in the area of healing. I have prayed for physical healing for
many and I have seen God perform miracle after miracle. But when it comes to my
own body, I limit God. I am afraid to let him be God to me. I douse myself with
medicine or run to a doctor before I ever pray for myself. I’m not saying
it’s wrong to go to the doctor. But sometimes I fit the description of those
who “sought not to the Lord, but to the physicians” (2 Chronicles 16:12).

I ask you: Do you pray for God to bring down walls in China or Cuba—but when
it comes to the salvation of your own family, you don’t have an ounce of
faith? You think, “God must not want to do this. My loved one is such a tough
case. God doesn’t seem to be hearing me in this matter.” If this is true,
you are not seeing him as God. You are ignorant of his ways. God’s desire is
to “do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the
power that worketh in us” (Ephesians 3:20).

God told me, “David, you’ve tied my hands; you’ve shackled me. How can I
heal you when you don’t really believe I will? Your doubt hinders me from
being God to you. I tell you, you don’t know me unless you know that I am
more willing to give than you are to receive.”

Israel murmured continually, “Can God…? Sure, he made a way for us through
the Red Sea, but can he give us bread?” God gave them bread. In fact, he
spread a table for them in the wilderness. “But can he give us water?” they
asked. He gave them water from a rock. “But can he give us meat?” He gave
them meat from the sky. “But can he deliver us from our enemies?”

Time after time God provided and delivered in every area. Yet the people spent
forty years saying, “Can God…? Can God…?

Beloved, we ought to be saying, “God can! God can!” He did—and he will!
God can and will do all that we ask and believe him for.
-----------------------------------------------------------

WOW!! I have been limiting God! It's so scary to step out in faith. Remember Peter? The Lord was walking on the water and Peter said if it is you Lord, allow me to come out with you. And the Lord told him to come (paraphrasing here). Peter stepped out of the boat onto the water (a literal step of faith) and started to walk to Jesus. But then fear set in. And he began to sink. The Lord rebuked him (corrected him) asking him why he was so afraid when the Lord was right there with him the whole time. (There seems to be a whole lesson here on fear sinking things in our lives and us. I will have to reflect on this more in the days to come.) It was a true show and step of faith to leave that boat. It was a miracle. It's time for me to step out in faith for a miracle.

This house...this is our miracle. I am so afraid to fall on my face and be wrong about this. But where there is fear, there is no faith. And where there is no faith, there is no room for God to work. We limit him. (side note: why do we always have the greatest faith for others, but when it comes to something so personal to us, we doubt? Are we afraid that Lord won't love us enough to come through?)

*deep breath and.....exhale*

I'm going to step out in faith...again. I am going to believe that this house is for us. That our offer will be excepted. And if it's not, an offer will be made that is acceptable AND affordable to us. I believe that there may be some wonderful surprises in store at closing (perhaps less closing cost or less mortgage payment. Both would be good. LOL).

It's time I step out in faith for my family. That I stop limiting God. It's time I see what my faith is really made of. It's time I let God show me that He wants to bless me (something I have ALWAYS had a hard time believing for me personally. Maybe that's it. I'm afraid that God will let me down....). And if I fall on my face, I have to trust the Lord will be there to either catch me, or help me back onto my feet.

*another deep breath*

Here we go!

You have no idea how hard this is for me to do. To decide to walk in faith about something so important to my family. And then, to do it so publicly. I'm petrified! BUT, I resolve to be determined to do this. I'm not saying I won't have my moments, I am human. But today, I will start walking in faith. This WILL come to pass. This WILL be. We WILL own this home and we WILL be able to more than afford it! In Jesus' name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment