Friday, March 23, 2012

=) =) =)

TGIF!!  Thank Goodness It's Friday!  My kids only have a 1/2 day of school today, so they'll be home for lunch and I am soooo excited about that!  =)  I can't wait!  And since they are calling for rain most of the weekend, when I'm out running errands in a bit, I'm going to stop by the Redbox Kiosk and pick up the movies I have on hold for us!  I even have cookies I may make this weekend.  =)  I love having them home.  I can't wait for summer!

Last night, I made an entry that many may think me weird for.  *shrugs*  That's okay.  I am who I am.  Well, last night my husband came home from work and gave me two nuggets of good news:

1.  He was able to secure something really fun and nice for someone who could use "nice" right now and I am just over the moon excited about it.  I love it when things like this happen.  It makes your heart smile when something you or a loved one does to put a smile on someone else's face. 

This alone, made my night last night.  But then told me something else.....

2.  We get to take the kids back to the GWL!!  ( Great Wolf Lodge!)  For anyone that doesn't know what that is, it's a themed hotel and indoor/outdoor water park.  In the summer they have an outdoor pool that's open.  But the indoor water park is open all year around to guests staying at the lodge only.  It also has an ice cream parlor, restaurants, gift shops, spas for adults and children, story time at big tree, and something they call Magiquest.

We took the kids 2 years ago and they loved it!  They have mentioned wanting to go back, over and over and over and over (well you get the gist here) again.  I can't wait!!  We just need to narrow down when to take them.  My youngest is going to love it!  She loves water now!  The first time she was just a year old and wasn't sure what to make of it all.  I can't wait to see what she's like this time!

We opted not to take a "real vacation" this year for several reasons.  One being we have plans to start improving our backyard for the summer so we can entertain (extend the patio, get a grill, get patio furniture, maybe a gas fire pit and a tent like gazebo thing, ect).  That takes money.  And I really hope we can get it all done.  It would mean a lot to me.

The other reason is that we would like to take the girls to Disney next year.  So we're going to save up for that.  That means no vacation this year.  We were a little bummed about not getting to go anywhere this year, we need a family vacation.  So now, getting this little nugget of information, put my already good spirits even higher!  When we went two years ago, we talked about how it was like a vacation!  We may be in our home town, but it feels like we're miles away from everything.  It was just a time of good family fun!  We loved it.  I can't wait to do it again!

So maybe I am little weird, or superstitious.  But when that songs pops in my head (from the last entry) for seemingly no reason, it seems to mean something to me.  And whether you count it coincidence or something else, makes no difference to me.  I just know that I am thanking God for both these things today. 

2 comments:

  1. :) Oh my gosh. So happy for you and so jealous to ;)LOL! You guys deserve it. I love you. -Heather

    ReplyDelete