Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tornados last night

We had some HORRIBLE storms come through the area last night.  HORRIBLE!!  The same front had sparked killer tornadoes all throughout the east before hitting here.  One of my biggest fears is tornadoes. 

I woke up when the first storm hit.  I have never in my life seen lightening as crazy as that.  Ever.  The wind had the rain going sideways.  And I felt something I have never felt before, fear. 

I have lived through a lot.  I have lived abusive situations, I have lived through scary car wrecks,  and I lived through really difficult births.  I have even had a 2 month old in the hospital with a fever of almost 105 (104.7).  But this fear was different from all of those. I'm not sure I can explain it.  It was fear deep down to the core of you.  I just know I'll never forget it.  Ever.  (this wasn't to discount any of the other experiences, but this fear was just different.  Very different)

My husband went and checked on the kids and got our phones (so we could track the storms on radar).  I began praying before he even woke up.  I prayed for the safety of all our loved ones.  I was praying in fear and faith.  I prayed until the storm passed without ceasing.  Several more storms hit, and I prayed through those as well.   It was a long night to say the least.

I wake up this morning and my Mother-In-Law (MIL) contacts me.  She was woken up in the middle of the night too, but not by storms, per say.  She says the Lord woke her up and told her pray.  (we all live in the same area).  So she did.

Guess what?  A tornado came through last night.  It just missed my husband's aunt's house not far from us (10 minute drive by car maybe, a whole lot less by the crow flies).  It's been a very surreal morning, that is for sure.  Today I am so thankful for answered prayers.  Everyone we know and love is safe.  And amazingly enough, the news is only reporting 3 injuries at this time.  No fatalities. 

Here are some photos from it all:








I am so thankful I was awake and felt the burden to pray.  This just hit a little to close to home for my liking.  I do believe in prayer.  And mine, and my MIL's were answered.  And from looking at some of the is damage, if only 3 people were hurt, and no one killed, I'd say that is a miracle in itself. 

Thank you God for answered prayers.  Thank you for keeping us all safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment