Monday, November 8, 2010

Looking back....

A very dear friend and I were chatting via the internet tonight (as we live several states apart). We got to talking about old childhood movies we use to love to watch. And then that got turned into old Christmas movies we love.

It was soooo nice to connect with someone on that level tonight. And to think we both knew some of the same pretty old stuff (ex. Twas the Night Before Christmas...1974, The Secret of NIMH...1982). It's nice sharing a part of your past, your childhood with someone who gets it. Who knows exactly what you are talking about. It was nice to reminisce over my childhood and think back upon fond memories. It was even better that I got to do it, and I didn't get all emotional. I just enjoyed it.

I enjoyed thinking back over the holidays with my family. I enjoyed thinking of past holidays with my children, and looking forward and sharing plans about this holiday season with them. (ok...CHRISTMAS season... It's my blog...I don't have to be politically correct).

We shared. We laughed. It was just what I needed.

I spent earlier tonight blogging about having to let go of certain friendships and how it can be painful. This was the exact opposite of that. It was just two friends, chatting, sharing, laughing, and enjoying each other's company. No drama. No needs. No wants. Nothing but just light fun and relaxation. I think it was just what the doctor ordered.

Thank you friend, for being there for me, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment