Tuesday, May 3, 2011

R.I.P.

Tonight we lost a great man, my kids' "Great Dad" (their great granddad). He left us at 8:43 p.m. But he left with us his legacy of love, faith, strength, & dedication. We are joyful that he is no longer in pain, yet we mourn as well. It's the craziest thing to feel both emotions at once, and so so strongly.

We tried waking the kids to the tell them. Our eldest kinda got it. I'm sure she'll ask us about it in the morning. Our youngest was so deep sleep. There was no waking her. We told her anyway, but we know we will have to deal this blow to them again tomorrow. I worry about their reactions. I wonder if they will be anything like mine? One minute I'm fine, the next I'm not, only to be fine again a few minutes later.

I worry about Greatmother, his wife. Her life will never be the same. She is a very strong and determined woman. But I got a glimpse of how difficult this has been for her the other night. And now........ She is going to need even more prayer. She just lost her husband, her friend, her companion of the last ... I don't know how long, 50-60 years. My heart goes out to her tonight. It goes out to his children as well and their families.

R.I.P. Bruce. I love you. I'm glad you aren't hurting anymore. I'm jealous you are with Jesus! But hopefully, I'll see you soon enough. All in good time, right? Rejoice! We'll all be together again some day.

Father, please be with the family now. Continue to wrap your comforting arms around us all. I lift up Betty to you, Lord. You know best what she needs now. Surround her with your love, strength, comfort, and peace. Guide her over the coming days, weeks, and months Lord. In Jesus' name.
~Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment