Monday, April 11, 2011

waiting

I am in a season of patience and waiting I think. This has been our year so far:

We waited to start looking for houses.
We waited until we found what we loved and didn't settle
We waited (& are still waiting) on final loan approval (God willing...next week!)
We waited to hear about my granddad's health
We waited to hear how bad it was and what stage
Now we are waiting for his decision on treatment and how that will effect him.


And now, we are waiting to see what happens to my Husband's grandfather (my kids call him "Great Dad"). He is in the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure. And it was pretty touch and go for a little bit yesterday. He seems to have improved some, but no one knows what is going to happen. He made it through the night, so that's encouraging... I think.

Yup!! Waiting is where I am at in life. And if you know me, you know I'm not the most patient person. And as you can see, these are minor things we are waiting on. A home, family member's health... life and death stuff. Yup. I am being taught patience and perseverance I think. Well, definitely the patience part.

It's hard when you want to be the one in control. You want to have the answers for everything and have them now. It's hard when you have to sit, wait, be patient, and just HOPE for the best. You tend to want to get frustrated in the whole mess. But when I sit down and quiet myself and think; I realize Who is really in charge and that gives me peace because I know HE can be trusted. He knows what's best...not matter what.

Yup...I'm waiting. I still have all kinds of butterflies and knots in my stomach, but I'm working on it. I think I'm doing good (for me anyway) to be okay with NOT being in control of any of these situations right now.

One day at a time right? Easier said than done, but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment