Tuesday, April 5, 2011

rambelings

Last night we had horrible storms. HORRIBLE!! We lost a tiny bit of siding (which my wonderful hubby was able to fix) and some shingles off the roof. That one is going to have to go the landlord to fix.

I have family coming in this weekend. I'm excited to see them. I love my family. I have the best relationships with them. Not many nieces are as close as we are to our aunts. I love them all so dearly.

I wish I could say this was a fun, social visit. But sometime this week we are waiting to hear back from my Granddad's dr about his biopsy. We all pretty much know what he's going to say. But there is always that doubt, you know. I guess it's one of those things you need to hear. We just need to know what we're all facing. Yes, I said "we". That is how my family works. We go through things together.

There was a time not long ago, I'd been on pins and needles this whole week. Waiting to hear about my Granddad. Waiting to hear about the loan. But, I'm surprisingly peaceful. That's not to say I'm not concerned. I am very concerned. But I know worrying about isn't going to change the outcome, whatever that may be. Instead I pray about it, give it God, and am peaceful knowing He knows what's best, even if I don't understand it.

I do wish to know these things. In my mind, the sooner the better. But things sometimes take time. And I am not in control. I have learn that. I have to learn to exercise patience, especially when I cannot control the circumstances or the outcome. Easier said than done, but overall, I think I'm doing pretty good with it. I still have a long way to go though, no doubt.

Today hasn't been the best of days. As a matter of fact, there were times today when I was NOT happy with how this day was going at all. I was in tears at one point. But, when my kids got home, all that changed. My middle girl did fall and hurt herself, but it was still good. I had my family around me, and nothing makes me happier. Even my wonderful husband made it home for dinner!! =D

This day started out terrible, and for most of the day it got worse. But I'm ending it on a good note. I'm ending it content and peaceful. And that says a lot about how far I have come. I know I have a long way to go, but even after a horrible day, and facing terribly stressful situations; if I can go to bed at the end of the night feeling like this, I consider it an accomplishment.

Thank you God for the work you are doing in me. Thank you for your peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment