Friday, November 11, 2011

Sometimes a picture is what we really needed to hear.

The following picture was posted on FB yesterday by a friend. The comments under it were interesting....



Powerful photo. Jesus and the devil battling it out. Don't people settle disputs and bets this way? "Okay, if I win I get... and if you win you get..."

The devil is big and scary looking. Jesus seems more calm and determined.

From their hands down, the dark vs. the light seems to be about even. But above their hands tells a different story. Is it foreshadowing? The light is definitely taking up more the frame.

Anyway..... I had commented under my friends picture that "I know who wins". Another person had the following comments to make after that:

"No offense my money is on the guy with the horns lol Jesus faith may be stronger but look at the guns on Lusafer" (I know Lucifer is spelled wrong. It was a simple copy and paste folks).

And that right there just sums up so much, doesn't it?

I had so much on my mind when I came across this picture. Our finances, some particular family members, and the health of those in my home (as we are sick over here). But this one picture, and discussion it incited, put things into perspective for me real quick.

Of course the devil looks bigger. That's the point. He wants to seem big and scary. He wants to be afraid. Afraid of him? Sure. But also afraid of your current circumstances. For fear drowns out faith. And the more we give into fear, the stronger we allow it (and the devil) to be in our lives. The more power we give him.

I do know who wins this battle, and it's not the devil. But if I believe that, then why am I giving into fear so much? Why am I not just praying, giving my concerns to the Lord, and trusting in Him to take care of us one way or another?

So yeah... My "AH HA!" moment. I gave it to Him. And I had to do it again this morning, and I will continue to do it every day if I have to. I don't want to stand in fear. I want to stand in faith. Why?

Because I know, if I stand in faith, it won't matter how "big" the devil thinks he is. He WON'T win. It's already been written. It's already been declared. It's already been PROMISED!

And by giving to Jesus, I don't have to be the one in this "arm wrestle" with the devil. Jesus takes my place.

Sometimes a picture does say more than we think.... Sometimes a picture is what we really needed to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment