Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Contentment

We are having our first holiday here in the new house. I get to host Thanksgiving! =) I have lots of help. Which is a VERY good thing since I haven't ever cooked a turkey before. lol Hope it turns out okay! I'm glad for the help (and they probably will be too). On Christmas I get to do it alone. YIKES! lol

I'm sitting here thinking on things right now. And to be honest, November has been a bit brutal on me. But! But but but.... I am sitting here content. Content and thankful. I am so happy for the family I have. I have an amazing husband, 3 girls I adore, and a beautiful home. I have sisters I'm close too and count as some of closest friends. My mother is my hero. And I can't imagine my life without all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.

I even have the best in-laws a girl could ever ask for. My BILs are funny and caring. My SIL is like a sister to me. And MIL is not only one of my best friends but also like a 2nd mom. My FIL is the only "dad" I have now.

Life is always going to have it's "issues". There will always be "something". Whether it's a sick kid, finances, the car needing something, or one of the many other things there could be. You can't wait for "perfect" to be happy and content. You have to find it where you are now. And I have so much to happy about. I even have a circle of friends that continue to amaze me with their support, humor, strength, and wit.

Great family, amazing friends, Love. That's what I have. That's what I'm most thankful for. How blessed am I, that I can sit here feeling this happy? This content, despite certain circumstances in life right now?

Thank you Father God for all of this. Thank you for family. Thank you for friends. Thank you for all I have. Help me not squander it.

1 comment: