Sunday, November 27, 2011

2 Parties in 3 days

We had our family Thanksgiving at our new place this year. It was great! I had such a wonderful time! We had about 20 people here total for that. I think it was great. The company and food were wonderful! (And, I didn't burn the turkey! WOOHOO!) We had turkey, dressing, corn pudding, broccoli casserole, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and roles. MMMM Everyone pitched in and it was great! Desserts included 2 different kinds of cookies, pumpkin pie, caramel cake, coconut pie, brownies, and water gate salad. I think there were enough leftovers for everyone to take some home. lol

Friday, my girls and I spent decorating indoors for Christmas (as is our tradition). With it being a new house, we had some to figure out where we were going to put things. So it took a bit longer than expected, but we had fun. =)

Then Saturday was my eldest's 10th birthday. We spent the day out and about getting ready for the party. Her favorite pizza for dinner followed by a party with over 30 people here. Man I had NO idea that girls were so LOUD!! lol But they had fun.

My eldest doesn't like traditional birthday cake, so we had cupcakes, ice cream cake, German chocolate cake, and red velvet cheese cake to choose from. My SIL even made toffee! MMMMM

After dessert, the men started a fire out in the fire pit. The kids loved it! They finally got to see what happens when you throw one of the crystal sticks into it. The flames turn blue, purple, and green. AWESOME!!

All the kids got a long wonderfully. I think the adults did too. My daughter said it was her best birthday ever. So to me, I count it a success. =)

As she laid in bed last night, we talked. She was blown away when I told her how many people were here to celebrate with her. I told her she was very loved. She said she was very blessed. (That's my girl!) To be honest, I was pretty blown away by everyone that came. Some dear friends of ours wanted to be here, but do to circumstances, they couldn't make it. But I know they were here in spirit. It meant so much to both me and my daughter that everyone wanted to be here for her.

But I have to tell you, having 2 big get togethers in such a short time has worn me out. I need to clean my house, again, but it's going to have to wait. I'm taking today to be absolutely lazy and get my barrings back. lol And I'm sure the girls are going to enjoy just chilling out and playing today. Laundry and chores can wait. Today is about rest, for us all. It's been one crazy week.

I have thought about some of my online friends this week. I hope each of them have had just as wonderful a time this holiday weekend as we have.

Happy Holiday's ya'll! Enjoy this time with your loved ones. They are what make it so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment