Thursday, November 17, 2011

All systems on GO GO GO!

Wow. I was looking at the calendar today and I'm on "go" until the end of the year.

Next week is Thanksgiving. I am hosting! =D I do have help, thank God! (and God bless them! We have about 20 people to feed) I consider it my training for Christmas. lol So between now and then, I'm cleaning, shopping, and getting ready. I can't wait.

Then next Saturday is my eldest's 10th birthday. Just two days after "turkey day". I need to get my brain wrapped around that one and finish getting stuff ready for that one!

After that I need to finish decorating for Christmas and doing our Christmas shopping. Why? Well, the 2nd weekend in Dec. my sister is moving and we're helping. It's also my baby sister's birthday and my grandmother's birthday. Talk about your crazy weekends!

The following weekend our family from Germany arrives. We haven't seen them in years! I can't wait. They are staying for 3 weeks! So lots to do with them while they are here. And then... It's Christmas! We have a big family gathering Christmas Eve for my side of the family. Christmas morning is for my kids. And then I am hosting a Christmas lunch for my husband's side of the family, and then dinner with Germans!

And of course there is annual New Year's Eve bash! I can't wait!!

And even though I'm going to be "balls to the wall" for the next 6 or so weeks, I'm so looking forward to it. My best girl friends (I have known for 20+ years) and I are even planning a girls night sometime in the middle of all this chaos to just center ourselves and detach from the stress. I hope we can work it out.

My husband works A LOT. He is off 1 day a week and it's a week day. He won't get a Sunday off again until almost Christmas. He works mostly 12 hour days. His earliest day off he is home by 7 pm,and that's one night a week. Every other day he is home closer to 10 pm. So I get most of the holiday stress squarely on my shoulders, plus raising our 3 young girls and making the holidays fun for them (baking, Christmas lights, shopping, ect). But...

My Darling Husband (DH for short) has Dec. 18 - 25 off of work. I couldn't be more excited about this! We'll have some awesome family time! And not just us and our girls, but with extended family too.

The holidays have always meant so much to me. And as crazy as they can be (and stressful), I love them. And now this year, my entire side of the family will be here. =) All my aunts, uncles, cousins, ect. Even family from 1/2 way around the world. OMgosh! We'll have about 30 or people Christmas Eve. WOW! That's like an office party! lol We sing carols, open gifts, and eat like kings. Kids run around in their jammies and while the adults enjoy a "beverage" and good conversation. No words could describe what it's like. You'd just have to be there. There is this core sense of family and togetherness. There is joy. There is... no words. None. Movies and fairy tales know what it is. It's magnificent. It's magical.

I am about to embark on one of the craziest times of the year. And I am so excited to do so. I'm sure I'll blog about the stress from time to time (I am only human and I'm sure it'll get it me some). But thinking about how wonderful the holidays are for us, it makes me wonder how others spend this time of year. I wonder if it's as magical for them as it is for us? Everyone should experience some holiday "magic". If I could make that happen for everyone, I would.

So in case I forget, or get to busy, Happy Holidays Ya'll! It's now upon us. And I wish everyone the very best of them all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are very busy. We will be packing and cleaning during the same 6 weeks for our move sometime between Jan. 2-7 (depends on work schedules). Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe you are moving in such a short time now? I'm SOOOO VERY excited for you!!

    And yeah, I'll be busy; but I don't care. I can't wait! I live for this time year. =) And usually my DH is MIA. It's going to be nice having him a whole week! Especially since the last week of the year he is 12-14 hour days every day and the weekend. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete