Monday, April 2, 2012

Something to be thankful for

Okay, so I went on a bit of a tear on my last entry.  But something else is weighing on me as well....

I am ever so thankful for wonderful husband.  He works so darn much and still comes home to mow the lawn, do the dishes if needed, change a diaper, and just play and be with family.  He is so awesome.  He sacrifices so very much for us.  And I am forever grateful.

And this thought got me thinking of something earlier to night....  "grateful"......

I was at my sister's when the national news came on tonight.  The highlights were:
1.  My area hosted a Vietnam Veterans memorial
2.  A shooting in california leaving 7 dead and 3 hospitalized.
3.  The war over seas and Iran in general.

I sat there seeing the footage of cities over seas in turmoil.  I sat there watching rebels fight and cities be bombed.  And you know what?  I actually told my mom and sister I was thankful that wasn't us.  I am so grateful that I can go to the market and not worry about if we will be caught in the cross fire or be bombed.  I cannot for the life of me imagine what life must be like for those people over seas who's lives are like this.  And what about those in parts of Africa?  There is hell on Earth in so many places (Haiti is still trying to recover for starters....I could go on and on), and my biggest worries are gas prices and paychecks.  Really?

I have three beautiful, healthy girls.  I have a husband I adore and who adores me.  I have a beautiful home.  I have friends and family who mean the world to me.  I have money in the bank (even if it's not a whole lot, it's still there).  We pay our bills.  We have love in our lives...love from one another and from family on both sides.  We have cars, food, clothing, ect.  We have it so much better than so many out there.

Life isn't always easy.  We each get thrown our hurdles to overcome.  We each have our own difficulties.  And I'm not saying that they aren't hard at times, because believe me, life can down right suck sometimes.   But when I look at the bigger picture, I'm reminded of all I have to be thankful for (and it's alot.  I could sit here and list things for the next hour, but what good would that do>  lol)  Sometimes when things take an ugly turn in life, it's good to take a long look at what is going right and what we have to be thankful for.  It might not fix the "ugly" we are going through, but it might give us perspective and hope.  And that can make all the difference.

What do you have to be thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment