Saturday, January 22, 2011

My eldest.

My eldest is 9. And tonight she wanted me to hear a song she heard a girl at school sing, "Firework" by Katy Perry.

She said she heard the girl sing a part of it. I had never heard it. She wanted to hear the rest of it. Gotta love youtube. lol We listened to it. She said she thought it was great song for those in life who feel let down, or weird, or like they don't belong. She thought it was a great song to give strength to people who didn't believe in themselves.

Wow. My 9 year came up with that all by herself. She helps out around the house. She wants to pray every time we see lights and siren go by, or if we see someone in crutches, a walker, or wheel chair while out. If I'm having a bad day, she's tries to make me laugh or smile in some way.

She's starting to think for herself. Her heart for others just amazes me. I am so proud of her. Maybe it's just me. But I think she's doing great for 9 years old.

Anyway...I just wanted to brag on her minute. She's isn't perfect by any means. But she's starting to "grow up", and it brings tears to my eyes.

I'm so very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment