Tuesday, July 26, 2011

WOW

We were told no. We were told it wouldn't happen. But here I am, sitting in my brand new home, with my family. And it has felt like home since day one!

My poor husband has been working hard on getting the rental ready to turn back in, while I'm working hard to unpack and get us settled here. There is still so much to be done. I do wish he was here to help me more, but I know what he is doing is just as important.

I was unpacking a box today of things from our old house (the one before the rental). It was a box of pictures and things we had on the walls there. The very first thing I pulled out was a cross that hung on our wall. In the center of it, it reads: WE WALK BY FAITH NOT BY SIGHT 2nd Cor. 5:7

I felt like that summed my journey to this home. I feel like I was being taught to live that. It wasn't easy. And I stumbled...a lot. But as a whole, I did it. (I also had some pretty good people surrounding me and encouraging me. That helped a lot)

But somewhere inside, I know that this is something that isn't learned over night or in just one trial. It's something that I will continue to learn. There will be more journies down the road helping to strengthen this in me. But for now, I'm glad that this particular journey is over. And that I/We are sitting in our home that everyone told us we would couldn't have or wouldn't have. I'm sitting in our miracle.

Miracles do happen. You just have to believe. You have to have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment