Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bridal Shower

My baby sister is getting married in 3 months. I can't believe it! And I don't mean that in a horrible way. She is beautiful, and fun, and smart. She has her own career and hobbies. She's a great catch! It's just very hard to believe my BABY sister is old enough to get married. It's hard to see her as THAT grown up sometimes. I guess the big sister in me wants to keep her little, a little too much. lol

Growing up we didn't always have the best of relationships. We loved each other, don't get me wrong, but, there is a 5 yr age difference and it showed. I think we were both closer to our middle sister growing up. It's only been in the past few years our relationship has moved passed sisterhood, into also a friendship. Now we have both, and I'm so happy for that.

I am going to be throwing her bridal shower! I'm so excited for this opportunity. I didn't think I was going to be able too. Typically it's the Maid of Honor's job to do this. I am not in the wedding. (no worries...I'm FINE with that! My kids are in it, so I'm happy!). And also, typically, immediate members of the brides family are not to throw the bridal showers, against etiquette and blah blah blah. But we are throwing the rules into the wind! lol Woohoo!

The Maid of Honor is in SEVERAL weddings at pretty much around the same time, and just could not find the time to throw the shower. I was approached to see if I could help out and do it. =) OF COURSE!!! I am honored to be able to this for my sister! I just didn't think I was suppose too. I am so happy she came to ask me if I would mind helping out!

I think that actually hurt my sister's feelings in the beginning. The fact that I (we her family) weren't doing much in the way of helping with the wedding. We weren't trying to be hurtful, honest. We were trying to do things the "correct" way. I think now my sister understands this better and realizes it was never about NOT wanting to help or throw a shower. And I'm glad she understands it now. =)

In truth, I am honored to be able to throw her this shower. Since I'm not in the wedding (by choice), it is a way I CAN contribute and show my support for my sister and her up-coming marriage. I'm glad by throwing it, we aren't stepping on anyone's toes either.

I have been researching cakes, invites, games, foods served, decorations. LOL I LOVE THIS!!! This is fun to me! I just wish I had more money to spend. lol But I'm determined to make it as nice as possible. I just hope I can do her proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment