Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Random stuff

I have a lot swimming through my head tonight. Thought possibly blogging about it would help.

I have my sisters bridal shower here at the new house this weekend. I FINALLY have a place big enough and nice enough to do stuff like this. A place I'm proud of. I love it! But I'm nervous too. For many reasons. Most of all... I want my sister to impressed. I want to her enjoy it. I want her to LOVE it!! I hope I can pull this off.

I have really enjoyed decorating for it. Spent more than I should have, but I don't care. She's only doing this once (she BETTER be only doing this once. lol). It's sooo worth it if I can make her proud and have her (and everyone else) have a good time.

I am also nervous because this is the first time I'm holding any kind of event really at my new place. I know people will be checking it out. Checking out the decorations, the food, all of it. I know it's stupid. But let's face it...people judge. I just want them all to have fun, enjoy, and feel comfortable. I don't want to fail anyone, and I fear I'm going too. I have failed a lot in life, and still do. I just want this to be as close to perfect as it can be. Both for the bride, and everyone else. I have NEVER hosted a thing in my life! Wish me luck! Almost 30 people will be here. I know that's small to a lot of people out there, but to me, it's a decent amount. *deep breath*

In other news....

I have gotten a dress for her wedding. I'm excited. It fits perfect. TOO perfect. I have been losing weight. I need to lose another 5 lbs to be a little more comfortable in it. I'm walking now in the morning. I am watching what eat. The wedding is in a month. Wish me luck! I need to lose the weight. I can't show up in another dress. My sister (the bride) picked it out! lol


I have found my long lost cousin too! Well... sord of. It's long long story. But my he was almost my brother once. My parents tried to adopt him. I haven't seen him in about 8 years. My middle sister hasn't seen him in about 6 years. We set out a search to find him. I found his (what ended up being) his ex-wife. She seems cool. =) She gave us his cell number. Now all that's left is to call. Sounds easy enough, right?

How do you make that call? How do you call someone you haven't spoken too in about a decade? What do you say?

"Hey! Remember me? Sorry to bother you, but we were just wondering how you have been doing..." Sounds so cheesy. No matter how true it is. He is really kinda like the last family link to our dad's side of the family. I always thought of him as a the big brother I never had. *sigh*

Even with all this....and some other things...I can honestly say I am happier than I have ever been. Life is good.

Now I just need find time between now and December to have some really good friends of mine over. Again, sounds easy right? You have NO idea how booked up I already am. lol But I Really want some "mommy time" with my girls friends. A bunch of us moms, some wine, some food, and some good times. Maybe that'll be my next project. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment