Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Time for a shift, a change

School starts tomorrow for my girls. And I am saddened by this. We spent a lot of our summer packing and getting ready to move, then moving. We're finally settled and feel like summer is just starting, and instead school is.

It's the time of year when our schedules shift. When everything we have been doing changes. Bed time is earlier. Homework will now be part of our daily lives once again. Schedules will be a part of our lives once again. Not to mention the early hour we must all now arise in the morning.

I wanted more quality time with the kids. This stinks. And to make a mother's heart all the more heavy, my eldest has cried several times this evening. She is so afraid to start a new school. She knows no one. I can understand her anxiety. I have had all the motherly talks with her about being herself and she'll have friends in no time. But she is scared. And I'm worried for her. She's a great kid. I just want her to have an easy time making friends. She had so many at her other school. She will definitely be in my prayers this night.

I truly don't want tomorrow to come. I don't want my kids to start back to school yet. I want more time with them to snuggle and cuddle and play. They're good kids.

But tomorrow, I will put on my brave front. I will give them their special breakfast. I will smile and cheer them on. I will encourage them. That's what mom's do.

Only after they are gone, will I most likely cry, and count the hours until they are home once again. I can't wait to hear about their day. I pray it goes well for them both.

I think this weekend will be one of extra hugs and snuggles for us all.

Yes, it's that time of year for change and shifting once again. No one ever likes it. But it's always necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment