Saturday, August 19, 2017

In hope

It's amazing how things can change.

I truly thought my marriage was over.  All was lost.  Blah blah blah.  I am sure you have heard it all before....

And yet...

Things are never as done as we think they are, are they?

We have a long way to go, for sure.  But I am thankful for what we have been through, for it gives us strength to get through this now.  And it is.  Every day we go stronger....individually and as a couple.  Every day we learn to love each other all over again.  Or at least I do. 

I understand the point the vows now.  Better or worse.  Sicker or poorer. And so on.  I promised myself to this man...not matter what.  And him to me.  We and have stayed together because of those vows...because of the kids....

Vows make you stick with it.  Even when it's easier to just give up.  It makes you try, one more time, even if you're not sure what is in your heart. 

That is marriage.  It is the good and blissfully wonderful.  And it's also the bad, ugly, and terrible you don't want to live through sometimes. 

But your vows... keep you pushing forward in the darkest of times.   They keep a hope in your heart. 

I don't know what my future holds anymore.  I really and truly don't. But I am thankful for the reminders of vows.  I am hopeful for my future, my family's future.  And I am committed to taking life one day at time.... in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment