Friday, March 25, 2016

One of those nights....

Easter this year is hard.  Flash back 1989 ... Easter....  I remember looking at my dad's empty seat at the table. Almost the entire family was there afterwards.  I remember the priest.  I remember my mom's words.  I remember being told my dad would not make another 24 hours.  He didn't.  He died the next afternoon.  This Easter is the 27th anniversary of his death.

I have never hated any holiday more than I do Easter.  I know what it means... Christian wise.  But I still hate it.  It's hard to make this day good for my kids when even to this day... I hate it.  But I try.  I like to think I do good by them.

God help me.  God help us all.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers coming your way.....God bless you and your family. Sometimes a loss never gets easier, no matter how much time passes. I feel sad over losses too, but then I think how much my loved ones are happy in heaven. I also know they wouldn't want me to carry around such a burden for so long.
    Nikki from Ohio

    ReplyDelete